THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Selasa, 16 Juni 2009

Modals in the Past Form

· Will => would

· Can => could

· May => Might

· Shall => Should

· Must => had too

· Petterns of modals in the past form :

ð To offer this expression

e.g Tono : O..gosh ! My tire is flat

Tina : Don’t worry. You could go to school with me

ð To indicate that the ability existed

e.g Rere : can you speak Japanese ?

Lana : Well, I could speak Japanese when I was kid.

ð To express polite request

e.g Mr. Heru : could I use your phone

Miss Lilly : Yes, please !

Mr. Heru : Thank you !

· We use this expression

ð Use this expression to tell posibilities

e.g Riri : Why Ria taking the bus to get home ?

Rara : Maybe seh’s got flat tire

ð Use this expression to expression to express polite request

e.g Dino : Might I borrow the stapler ?

Selly : I’m sorry, I’m using it.

· We use this expression

ð Use this expression for an action that was repeated in the past

e.g Raysa : what did tou usually do for holiday ?

Jeje : when I was a child I would visit my grandma every weekend,

but now not anymore.

ð Insert ratter into the pattern and use this express preferences

e.g Nani : which food would you rather eat ?

Firman : I would rather eat fried chicken than noodles.

0 komentar: